Fixation Studios ( Robert K / Groov Mekanik ) GMaudio Ducker v1.5 AMXD
AMXD | 268.97 KB
GMaudio Ducker is the only sample accurate side-chain tool for Ableton Live. Designed for ease of use and ultimate transparency, It’s the last ducking tool you will ever use!
Here’s what other customers have to say;
“What a great plugin — put it to use and immediately punchified the bass end. Thank you!” – Stak ker (YouTube)
“I had a huge workflow improvement since I started using ducker. This device is ‘shut up and take my money’ level of goodness” – Alfredo (Email)
“I love all GMaudio devices + buy them without thinking. they’re all amazing + essential for a Live user… but this one feels like Robert’s masterpiece!” – discoparadis (maxforlivedotcom)
“Purchased this glorious device earlier today. I have previously used Gatekeeper to get me some pumping bass, but this little gem does it way sharper and is exactly as good as described by the dev:-D” – Krbcrawler (maxforlivedotcom)
“GMaudio Ducker gets used on everything! From personal productions, to stem masters for my clients, Ducker is an amazingly fast and mathematically perfect side-chain device for your kicks. I used to use Ableton’s Utility to manually reduce volume and give space for my kick, because nothing was ever really quick or precise enough. Ducker saves me time, and keeps me in my flow state!” – AYA (AyaMastering.com)
Side-chain compression is a technique commonly used to ensure that your Bass doesn’t get in the way of your Kick. The problem is, that it’s simply not accurate, and things like plugin delay compensation only makes it worse.
This device uses Transient Detection to trigger an ideal envelope for Bass volume control, that is always on time and 100% accurate.
– The Attack curve is fixed and designed to avoid any pops/clicks.
– The Release curve is adjustable from logarithmic to exponential, allowing for the perfect crossfade between your Bass and Kick.
– The length of time that your Bass is muted is adjustable via the ‘Hold’ parameter.
– The visualisation helps you identify your signals easily and makes dialling in settings an absolute breeze.
The reason why your Bass must be 100% muted to avoid clashing with your Kick has to do with the way audio signals are summed together. Even a small amount of Bass while your Kick transient hits will skew the summed waveform, resulting in a different Kick transient with every drum hit. This device ensures that your Kick’s Transient remains consistent and allows you to smoothly transition from Kick to Bass so that they become one Instrument, resulting in maximum headroom and a stronger low-end!
See this video for further explanation
New Version 1.5 (July 2022) (Updates are always free!)
– Improved User Interface
– Added Scope functionality (Freeze, Zoom, Position, Scope Mode)
– Added Absolute Envelope mode (to see the combined envelope of both sounds)
– Improved Transient Detection algorithm (no more over triggering)
– Adaptive scaling of Curve parameter (to further avoid pops/clicks)
– Added Invert Signal parameter (to flip the polarity of the Bass)
* Note: This device does not work nested in drum racks, within drum racks. This is a current limitation of the Live API and Ableton & Cycling74 are working on an update.
…you can always add side-chain compression after this device to create more variation in the groove of your bass, but without using a tool like this, your just making life harder for yourself… Do yourself, and your music a favour, and grab GMaudio Ducker Now!
This device works in Live 10.1 or 11, Standard (with Max For Live add-on) or Suite. It requires Max 8.2.2 to operate as intended, which can be downloaded for free from Cycling74.
Please REPORT in Comment Broken Links